Sweet and Tangy Sampling
The nanobox | tangerine delivers powerful sampling in an ultra portable form factor. With this nanobox, you can add recording, sample playback, clip launching, slicing, and musically intelligent looping capabilities to your desktop or travel rig. With an intuitive touch screen interface, nanobox | tangerine makes easy work of selecting, editing, and tweaking your samples. You can stream large samples of up to 4 GB file size straight from the microSD card. Interact with other musical components via MIDI. Load multi-sample banks with over 500 samples for amazing instrument reproduction. Tweak your configurations to get them just right, then save them to multiple presets for future reuse.
- Play up to 24 stereo polyphonic notes when your samples fit in the 64 MB of internal memory or up to 8 larger stereo samples streaming directly from the microSD card
- Play multi-sample banks with up to 16 velocity layers and 576 WAV files loaded in one preset
- Configure 8 stereo sample pads per preset as single or multi-samples, clips, slicers, or new recordings
- Stream long samples from the microSD card with a max sample size of 4 GB, which can be many hours of audio
- Trigger samples with the touch screen or MIDI input as one shots or melodic notes
- Control how samples start and stop by choosing from one-shot, toggle, gate and piano (New!) launch modes
- Tweak playback through a variety of sample parameters, including start position, length, pitch, gain, filter, loop mode, launch quantization, ADSR, Exclusive Grouping, clip synchronization, slice placement and sequencing, and MIDI note and channel mapping
- Quickly and easily use MIDI mapped controls for more tactile access to common parameters
- Record up to 16 sequence layers per preset.
- Get into the groove with a fast, fluid, and intuitive workflow
- Make music anywhere thanks to a compact and nearly indestructible design
- Configure each pad for stereo or mono recording with the option to synchronize the start and stop times to clock inputs
- Trigger recording via audio level threshold
- Create perfectly sized loops by setting the recording length
- Enable immediate playback after recording for live looping capabilities
- Make recordings up to 4 hours in length
- Resample the master output without patching
- Automate recording of a multi-sample bank via MIDI
- Store recorded samples as WAV files on the micro SD card then remove the card to transfer them to your computer
- nanobox | tangerine – Compact Streaming Sampler
- MicroSD card with 85 presets and over 1500 wav files
- Color matched USB power cord
- Type B TRS MIDI To MIDI 5 Pin DIN adapter
- Quick Start Guide
- Power: USB-C connection 5V, 500mA
- 3.5mm audio input and output
- Maximum input and output level: 2Vrms
- DAC and ADC resolution: 24-bit
- Internal resolution: 32-bit
- Sample rate: 48kHz
- MIDI Input: 3.5mm Type A/B auto sensing
- MIDI Output: 3.5mm Type B
- Clock Input: 1,2, 4, 8, 12 or 24 PPQ selectable
- MIDI support: Note On/Off, Velocity, Pressure, Mod Wheel, Aftertouch, CC mappings to common parameters, program changes and clock
- H x W x D: 1.5″ x 3.75″ x 3″
- Weight: 0.25 lbs.
- 2″ touch screen, 2 knobs and 4 buttons in a 3.75″ x 3″ x 1.5″ package
Introducing nanobox | tangerine
Learn about the features available in the nanobox | tangerine.
Quick Start Guide
This four page document will introduce you to the features of nanobox | tangerine.
The nanobox | tangerine User Manual is your portable guide to all of the features in the product.
Download the Latest Firmware
New firmware updates add new features and fix bugs. You can find the latest version on our forum. You must login to the forum in order to download firmware.
Join the Community
While you are on the forum, join the conversation with other musicians to learn new ways to generate sound with sampling.
meet the nanobox collection
The nanobox collection is a series of mini-synthesizers designed to add new sounds to your portable synthesizer set up.Learn More
nanobox | tangerine
The nanobox | tangerine delivers extreme sampling in a box about the size of that juice box you had in your school lunch. Just throw it in your #Barbie lunch box and hit the club!
nanobox | razzmatazz
Add juicy beats and tasty rhythms to your music with the nanobox | razzmatazz mini drum sequencer with FM synthesis and sampling. Featuring advanced voice architecture, razzmatazz puts a huge range of percussive sounds at your fingertips—from deep and gritty kick drums to searing snare hits and crisp hi-hats.
nanobox | lemondrop and nanobox |fireball
Add inspiring flavor to your music with the nanobox collection of polyphonic mini synthesizers. From lemondrop to fireball, each model combines its own unique approach to synthesis with intuitive touchscreen control and an ultra-compact form factor you can literally take anywhere. You’ll feel like a kid in a candy store as you explore an assortment of professionally designed presets or dive deep into crafting your own sounds.