The World’s Juiciest Groovebox
Create the juiciest beats and tastiest rhythms with nanobox | razzmatazz, a mini drum sequencer that combines powerful FM synthesis and sampling. Featuring advanced voice architecture, razzmatazz puts a huge range of percussive sounds at your fingertips—from deep and gritty kick drums to searing snare hits and crisp hi-hats. Perform using 8 touchscreen pads or your favorite midi controller, and craft up to 16 rhythms using an innovative visual sequencer that allows you to see all pad states and steps simultaneously. Shape the sound of each pad by combining any variation of two FM oscillators and a WAV file—plus two filters, two envelopes, a resonator, a snap generator, and three additional effects. You can even choose from four unique types of distortion to create incredibly distinct and powerful drum sounds. Enjoy massive analog drum sounds and an innovative feature set, all in a compact package that goes anywhere.
- Perform with 8 drum and percussion pads using MIDI pads or the intuitive touch screen
- Make beats right out of the box using 120 preset kits and sequences
- Explore a huge range of presets and sounds from world-class sound designers—including dub, techno, IDM, classic rock, soul, and more
- Tap or swipe to create rhythms using the new super stepper visual sequencer, and see the state of all 8 pads across 16 steps simultaneously
- Record long sequences up to 64 steps, with steps sizes from 1/64 to 8 bars
- Adjust primary parameters for each drum model using macro controls
- Design your own percussion sounds by combining FM synthesis and WAV samples
- Sculpt and fine tune the sound of each drum pad using filters, envelopes, distortion, a resonator, snap transient generation, bit crushing, and rate crushing
- Add depth and color to your drum sounds using delay, reverb, and a cabinet distortion
- Record via line input to craft new pad sounds and create samples up to 30 seconds long
- Load your own WAV files via micro-SD
- Integrate razzmatazz seamlessly with other synths, drum machines, and audio devices
- Quickly and easily map MIDI controls to macro parameters and mixer settings
- Get into the groove with a fast, fluid, and intuitive workflow
- Make music anywhere thanks to a compact and nearly indestructible design
- Flexible power options from USB C connector
- Mini TRS connections for MIDI in and out, clock in, line in and line out
- 2″ touch screen, 2 knobs and 4 buttons in a 3.75″ x 3″ x 1.5″ package
- nanobox | razzmatazz mini drum sequencer with FM synthesis and sampling
- MicroSD card with presets and wav files
- Color matched USB power cord
- Type B TRS MIDI To MIDI 5 Pin DIN adapter
- Quick Start Guide
- Includes 120 presets and 112 wave files
- 8 pads that can support 2 FM Oscillators and WAV file each
- Sample memory per WAV of 30 seconds
- Power: USB-C connection 5V, 500mA
- 3.5mm audio input and output
- Maximum input and output level: 2Vrms
- DAC and ADC resolution: 24-bit
- Internal resolution: 32-bit
- Sample rate: 48kHz
- MIDI Input: 3.5mm Type A/B auto sensing
- MIDI Output: 3.5mm Type B
- Clock Input: 1,2, 4, 8, 12 or 24 PPQ selectable
- MIDI support: Note On/Off, Velocity, Pressure, Mod Wheel, Aftertouch, assignable CCs, program changes and clock
- H x W x D: 1.5″ x 3.75″ x 3″
- Weight: 0.25 lbs.
Getting Started with nanobox | razzmatazz
In this video, we walk you through how to create music with your nanobox | razzmatazz.
nanobox | razzmatazz Unboxing & Preset Preview
See what is included in the box and hear previews of all 120 presets.
Download the Latest Firmware
New firmware updates add new features and fix bugs. You can find the latest version on our forum. You must register for the forum in order to download firmware. Registration is free.
Join the Community
While you are on the forum, join the conversation with other granular musicians to learn new ways to generate sound with granular.
Meet the Nanobox | Razzmatazz
Add juicy beats and tasty rhythms to your music with the nanobox | razzmatazz mini drum sequencer with FM synthesis and sampling. Featuring advanced voice architecture, razzmatazz puts a huge range of percussive sounds at your fingertips—from deep and gritty kick drums to searing snare hits and crisp hi-hats.
Meet the Rest of the Nanobox Collection
Add inspiring flavor to your music with the nanobox collection of polyphonic mini synthesizers. From lemondrop to fireball, each model combines its own unique approach to synthesis with intuitive touchscreen control and an ultra-compact form factor you can literally take anywhere. You’ll feel like a kid in a candy store as you explore an assortment of professionally designed presets or dive deep into crafting your own sounds.Learn More